Recently by Lucy Harper
Bacteria can help kill cancer cells! That's what the headlines said on Monday, but did you know that microbes - the things we are often (wrongly) told to steer clear of - have been known to have an effect on cancer cells for hundreds of years?
It's my job to keep on top of all the news stories about microbiology. So anything about bacteria, viruses, fungi - if you can't see it, I need to know about it.
Search the site
Roslyn Bill - Reader in Molecular Biosciences & Director of the Aston Research Centre for Healthy Ageing
Jack Cohen - Science of Discworld author, retired reproductive biologist, Hon Prof at the Maths Institute, University of Warwick
Jon Frampton - Director of Research and Professor of Stem Cell Biology, University of Birmingham
Alison Murray - Former postdoc biochemist, then TV producer and science writer
James Tucker - Reader in Supramolecular Chemistry, University of Birmingham
Kenny Webster - Resident Scientist at Thinktank Birmingham
Miriam Gifford - A researcher in plant science in the School of Life Sciences & the Warwick Systems Biology Centre, University of Warwick
Lucy Harper - Communications manager at the Society for Applied Microbiology
- essays online said:
"I worked at the essay writing services for more than 10 years. I'm a a great writer and can aid you ..."
- ChenEstela said:
"A lot of research paper writing service write the custom papers just about this topic. So that is re..."
- Get great tips for your Body Makeover at http://www.bodymakeoverreviews.co.uk said:
"Hurrah, thats what I was exploring for, what a stuff! present here at this blog, thanks admin of t..."
- buy an essay said:
"Hey, such a good enough stuff I notice! I will buy essay just about this good topic at the essay wri..."
- Rob said:
"This is a good topic. The public transportation in every city has a great affect on the quality of l..."
- AudreyWebster said:
"It is the great outcome.Was this feasible to find great jobs writing? Suppose so, and everyone could..."
- CLARA32Franks said:
"If you are students who have no idea how to cope with their writing home task by their own for that ..."
- Rob Whitton said:
"The value to the consumer is still there - you have the need and it's fulfilled for free. The quest..."
- Geoff Cockayne said:
"The answer to the Elsevier problem is to call Google. At a stroke access to academic papers would be..."
- Kate Cooper said:
"Thanks for your comment, John. there are indeed issues about HS2 and access to other parts of Brum!..."
- Aston University
- New Optimists
- Paul Moss
- Birmingham Cafe Scientifique
- Ian Nabney
- Peter Sadler
- Charles Craddock
- Paul Nurse
- Royal Society
- advanced materials
- All Party Parliamentary Group
- Anders Breivik
- Andrew Peet
- ARCHA; healthy ageing
Latest Birmingham Post News blog
Birmingham Post staff and guest bloggers from the midlands give you their opinions on local and national news.
- Sion Simon: I oppose ban on sitting MPs becoming mayors (but they should pay for by-elections)
- Crucifixion, chocolate eggs and Easter bunnies
- Liam Byrne mayor bid backed by Mandelson, Darling, David Miliband and maybe Ed too
- The NPPF: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- JCB chair Anthony Bamford enjoys dinner at Number 10 following donations of �450,000
- Go to Birmingham Post News blog
Latest Birmingham Post Business blog
Birmingham Post staff and guest bloggers from Birmingham and the midlands inform and entertain on all business matters.
- The trials and tribulations of successful retail strategy
- The Budget one month on, any better for Growth?
- Time to unravel the red tape binding small businesses
- Birmingham- the Original Design City: still innovating... after all these years
- The future of employment
- Go to Birmingham Post Business blog